Monday, September 12, 2011

Popularity 101

First let me preface this with, maybe this only comes with unlimited friends and some sort of popularity and an even more abundant amount of money, nevertheless... I just finished reading the book One Fifth Avenue by Candace Bushnell, there is a character in the book that decides one day to start a blog, just talking about her everyday thoughts and life experiences, not much unlike what I had envisioned when I started this little experiment. She posts one blog and all of NYC knows about it. Then a few more posts and it's all over the papers and the rest of the Internet about her blog. How does one go about getting that kind of attention? I opened up my blog and saw my sorry count of 6 followers. I always knew I wasn't a great sells woman, and probably an even worse "blogger" but sometime I go to write a blog and figure, I might as well be writing in my own secret diary, because the honest reality is, who reads it? How does one get to Perez Hilton status?

No comments:

Post a Comment