Friday, June 4, 2010

Fearing the future



Fear is something that can inhibit everyone from doing certain things throughout their life.
Fear is something that at times can be used as a tool but a lot of times it is just a crutch. Pain and suffering, injury or failures in life may be the root of the fear, to avoid these things from happening. The truth is as much as we hold onto this fear these things are still possible and will still happen. It’s the fear that prevents us from getting past being hurt or suffering, the idea that we will have to go through this again is something no one wants to face. But it will happen, it’s a part of life. Not one person is able to completely avoid this.

The thing that you can control is you can give yourself the confidence to know that whatever life gives you, whatever hard times you go through, you will always be able to deal with it. There is nothing that life will hand you that you cannot conquer and deal with.

There has been so many times in my life that I felt like if one more bad thing happens to me I will not be able to make it through it. But when I look back at everything that I have been through and everything I have dealt with, I am so much better and so much stronger. I now know what I don’t want in my life, what I want in my life, and most importantly I have been able to deal with all of it.

I know that there are healthy ways of dealing with trials and unhealthy and although I may not always chosen the best way to deal with it, I am still here, I am still a strong person and everyday I am still able to smile because I have been given so much more then has been taken away from me. Fear of never fulfilling my dreams and ideals of what I wanted my life to be at times consume me. But focusing on the good and the idea that not everything in life is as bad as it seems. Focusing less on the bad that I have been through and more on the goodness that it has brought me to see in life can always prevent these thoughts from bringing me into despair.

Fear can either hold you back or it can show you where you need to focus energy. Face your fears, realize that there is nothing that you cannot handle or do, and you will feel a much stronger sense of self fulfillment, because you dealt with fear and it no longer holds you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment